Fedora QA Meeting -- no meeting scheduled

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Mon Dec 21 13:42:18 UTC 2009

Greetings folks,

We have a few folks out this week, I'd prefer to spend the next few days
before the US/EMEA holiday tackling our open action items.  If there are
any open discussion items, feel free to reply to this thread, or join
#fedora-qa.

The list of current action items includes ...

        1. jlaska to post recommendations on F-12 QA retrospective

              * Initial thoughts posted to
                https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_12_QA_Retrospective#Recommendations

        2. adamw to escalate security policy issue to fesco

              * I don't know if this came up during last weeks FESCO
                meeting.  I'll leave this on for now.

        3. wwoods to keep an eye on plans for autoqa tests

              * Should the formal test plan approach to the security
                policy not work, wwoods has some ideas on how we can at
                least detect changes that have a possibly security
                impact.
              * Kparal is tracking rpmguard improvements/features at
                https://fedorahosted.org/autoqa/milestone/Package%
                20update%20tests

        4. jlaska to set up a meeting to co-ordinate test plan changes
        for F13

              * Liam, Hurry, Adam and I met early this morning (or late
                evening depending on your TZ) to walk through the list
                of open F-13 test plan tickets [1].
              * Liam and Hurry had already made great progress prior to
                the meeting, we spent meeting time kicking tickets that
                needed kicking, discussing X and Desktop test plan ideas
                and outlining an approach for reorganizing the matrix
                and test plans to better line up with the release
                criteria [2].

        5. adamw and jlaska to look at setting up f13 test day process

              * Initial ideas posted to
                https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Talk:QA/Fedora_13_test_days
              * Includes ...
                      * Anaconda storage UI changes (SAN changes)
                      * libcurl/proxy support
                      * mdadm/dmraid completion
                      * preupgrade
                      * Features/SystemPythonExecutablesUseSystemPython
                        - may impact breaking python applications when
                        the python3 change happens?
                      * Rehash of gnome-disk-utility changes
                      * Features/SSSDByDefault
                      * Features/NouveauDisplayPort