Installing Rawhide

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Tue Dec 1 17:11:56 UTC 2009

Scott Robbins said the following on 12/01/2009 08:30 AM Pacific Time:
>> Jesse Keating said the following on 11/29/2009 10:52 PM Pacific Time:
>

>>> From now on, Rawhide will not have install images.  Rawhide is a never
>>> stopping never freezing repository of packages.  To get to rawhide
>>> you'll need to start with say F12 and either point to the rawhide repo
>>> during install, or yum update to it post install.
>
> The wiki should be updated.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/Rawhide
>
> Someone has kindly already posted Jesse's announcement on the forums,
> but, no doubt, we'll still be getting questions from people asking where
> is the rawhide boot.iso.  :)

I guess that is part of the question I was trying to ask in my previous
post... where did we clearly tell people the install images were being
taken away?  I was surprised myself.

Since we are changing the way we've been doing things for 12 releases
have we considered getting the word out through some news article and blogs?

John