Installing Rawhide

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Dec 2 19:37:57 UTC 2009

> On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 10:52 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > One of the rather important bits of test days is follow-up - we have
> > people show up, test, file a bunch of bugs. Great. Now what happens?
> > Hopefully, the bugs get worked on, and a proposed fix is landed in the
> > affected component (anaconda). Then what? How does the reporter test
> > that the fix works? We have another test day?
>
> How about a "verification day" ?  But yes, I think that's the idea,
> either a follow up test day, updates.img files passed around via bugs,
> or the next snapshot, it all depends at what point we are in the
> development process.

That would be workable. It doesn't seem _better_ than the current
situation, honestly, but it seems workable.

> > The main test day track tends to get overloaded anyway; do we have a
> > regular anaconda test day track for each release? Anaconda test days
> > every two weeks?
>
> Good questions.  I think it's about time we are able to handle multiple
> test subjects on given days, as your testing crowd will be both
> different and similar.  Is that possible?

Possible, yes, obviously as long as different people are running each
event. It may not be optimal sometimes, but we have done it before (main
track and fitnfinish test days have overlapped), there's no reason it
can't happen.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey