Installing Rawhide

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Wed Dec 2 20:13:57 UTC 2009

On 12/02/2009 06:40 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 18:28 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>
>> Cant we use a "known to work" anaconda version to distribute with the
>> nightly-created live images or are we going to have to schedule test
>> day's around anaconda working that day or not?
>>
> When using live images to test parts of the OS, it doesn't matter if the
> installer is functional or not, as you aren't installing.  You're
> booting the live image and running the application(s) in question.

Well we possible get a bit anaconda gui testing for the few that
actually install from those images..

> When the anaconda team wants install testing done, they're going to be
> more interested in the non-live case (or at least equally interested).
> We'll need to produce boot.iso.

Ofcourse. Can we identify which non gui related Anaconda testing require
a human interaction and try focusing on automating the rest
( if we dont more or less cover that already ?

> I think you're confused.  Nobody that I can see is suggesting we stop
> producing or produce less test day live images.

Yes I apologize I somehow had gotten it through my thick skull that we
were going to stop producing nightly-composes.

JBG