[ANNOUNCEMENT] Red Hat Bugzilla 3.4 Upgrade Public Beta

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Fri Dec 4 00:01:31 UTC 2009

Greetings,

I am sending this on behalf of Dave Lawrence and the bugzilla team at Red Hat.  Fedora uses this instance of bugzilla too.

Please forward this on to any appropriate lists that were missed.

Thanks,
James

==========================

Greetings,

The Red Hat Bugzilla team is happy to announce the first public beta
release of the next version of Red Hat Bugzilla based on the upstream
3.4 code base.

Please test drive at:

     https://partner-bugzilla.redhat.com

Over the years Red Hat has made substantial customizations to Bugzilla
to fit into the Engineering tool chain. Over time the upstream has
incorporated some of these customizations or solved them in different
ways. Upgrading reduces our customization footprint (and thus
maintenance) while bringing many bug fixes & enhancements.

The main area of focus for our public betas are stability. Functionality
that currently works in our 3.2 code base should continue to work as
expected in the new 3.4 release. These include various ajax
optimizations, needinfo actor support, frontpage.cgi, product browser,
several various UI enhancements, and of course the XMLRPC API.

Please feel free to point your various scripts and third party
applications that use the XMLRPC API at the test server to make sure
they continue to function properly.

There are numerous other changes behind the scenes that we haven't
listed. The goal is to make sure that functionality that people have
come to expect in 3.2 is possible in the new system.

There are also numerous new features/fixes that are part of the upstream
3.4 release. For more detailed information on what has changed since the
last release, check out the Release Notes page.

The database is a recent snapshot of the live database so should be
useful for testing to make sure the information is displayed properly
and changeable. Also with a full snapshot it is possible to test for any
performance related issues. Email has been disabled so that unnecessary
spam is not sent out. So feel free to make changes to bugs to verify
proper working order.

We are asking for everyone to get involved as much as possible with
testing and feedback on the beta releases to help us make this the most
robust and stable release possible.

Please file any enhancement requests or bug reports in our current
Bugzilla system at bugzilla.redhat.com. File them under the Bugzilla
product and relevant component with the version 3.4. With everyone's
help we can make this a great release.

Thanks The Red Hat Bugzilla Team