thunderbird-3.0-3.13.rc2.fc12.i686

James J Catchpole james_j_catchpole at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 6 19:55:59 UTC 2009

I have Thunderbird RC2 installed from the Thunderbird Download
site in private libraries and it works fine. When I install the package
from Fedora 12 it fails with the following message:

"Sending of message failed: Please verify that the Mail and Newsgroups
Accounts settings are correct and try again."

There appears to be no difference between the two particularly as
they are using the same user preferences. It seems to me that there
must be something different between the two:

Following are the two installations I have installed:

thunderbird-3.0-3.13.rc2.fc12.i686
thunderbird-3.0rc2.tar