thunderbird-3.0-3.13.rc2.fc12.i686

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Dec 7 05:59:26 UTC 2009

Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote on 06.12.2009 21:19:
> 2009/12/6 James J Catchpole <james_j_catchpole at yahoo.com>:
>> I have Thunderbird RC2 installed from the Thunderbird Download
>> site in private libraries and it works fine. When I install the package
>> from Fedora 12 it fails with the following message:
>>
>> "Sending of message failed: Please verify that the Mail and Newsgroups
>> Accounts settings are correct and try again."
>>
>> There appears to be no difference between the two particularly as
>> they are using the same user preferences. It seems to me that there
>> must be something different between the two:
>>
>> Following are the two installations I have installed:
>>
>> thunderbird-3.0-3.13.rc2.fc12.i686
>> thunderbird-3.0rc2.tar
>
> I've had this happen because I had enigmail installed. Removing
> enigmail or installing an updated version from Remi Collet's repos
> fixed it.

Note that thunderbird-enigmail in rpmfusion-free-updates-testing works
also. Updates-testing from Fedora and
rpmfusion-{non,}free-updates-testing are in fact meant to be used
together all the time to avoid problems like this (note that mirror- and
push-lags sometimes create small not-fully-in-sync-problems which are
not really avoidable :-/ ).

CU
knurd