Ctrl-Alt-Backspace change

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Mon Feb 9 12:13:25 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 03:03:39AM -0500, Christopher Beland wrote:
> Some people on this list have requested additional information about
> this change be added to the release notes, but I'm not sure how to do
> this.  This page is supposed to explain the process of producing
> release notes:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/ReleaseNotes/Process

Hrrm, I just googled for Fedora 11 release notes and got there that way.
>From there, it was relatively simple to create an account.

> The confusing part is that I cannot find any links that page or
> anywhere under https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject to the
> Fedora 11 Alpha Release Notes
> (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_11_Alpha_release_notes, found
> with Google).  Should the notes be linked in, or are Rawhide notes
> intentionally hidden?

I believe I also started with the project page and didn't see them
either, but I honestly don't remember.

> I guess I'm wondering if anyone is actually following the instructions
> on the process page, or if the real process is different?

Errm, no, I didn't.  I just did it as mentioned above.

> As for the actual content, it sounds like we want to add something
> like this:
>
> <<
>
> If /etc/X11/xorg.conf does not exist, create it by running this command
> as root:
>
>  Xorg -configure

Yes, that's what I added, along with the actual lines to be placed in
xorg.conf (as there is no ServerFlags section in the xorg.conf created
with X -configure.

> The Xorg project has changed the default DontZap setting to "true"
> after complaints from desktop users that accidentally hit
> Ctrl+Alt+Backspace when trying to type Alt+Backspace, Ctrl+Backspace,
> or Shift+Backspace, or who had StickyKeys enabled.  Ctrl+Alt+Backspace
> is also a keyboard shortcut for deleting certain expressions in C and
> Java modes in Emacs.

I didn't mention that.  An explanation of why is probably worthwhile
though.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: The world is what it is---we fight, we die. Wishing
doesn't change that.
Giles: I have to believe in a better world.
Buffy: Go ahead. I have to live in this one.