No deadline I/O scheduler for 2.6.29-0.137.rc5.git4.fc11

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Feb 20 20:17:52 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 21:09:55 +0100,
  drago01 <drago01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> what kind of workload does run on your box?

Desktop, but I do a lot of GB copies to my usb drive in order to cart rawhide
updates home where I don't have much bandwidth. I don't like my desktop
performance to tank while that is happening. Though there have been some
kernels where it did really badly with or without that scheduler.

I also have write barriers turned on, but they aren't working all the way
through. I think the crypto layer doesn't support them yet. (It might also
be the raid 1, but I though that did support barriers.)