Missing Dependency: netbeans-platform8 is needed by package 1:java-1.6.0*

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Sun Feb 1 10:53:39 UTC 2009

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 15:40:47 -0600, Bruno wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 13:26:00 -0800,
>   Antonio Olivares wrote:
> >
> > This happens only on one machine out of 3 (1/3), so all is allright, but I was asking if anybody else also got this ?
>
> Why don't you use rpm to track down where the exact dependency problem is
> and file a bug report to alert the maintainer in the event that they
> haven't already noticed?

It may be that only you see this broken dep because of problems with your
machine (duplicate pkgs for example). Only somebody who looks into it in
detail can find out. You're the first who should do the trouble-shooting,
prior to presenting your findings and asking for comments. At least do
some queries with rpm and repoquery.

netbeans-platform8 in Rawhide repo:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/i386/os/Packages/netbeans-platform8-6.1-5.fc10.noarch.rpm

http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/netbeans-platform8
http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/netbeans

netbeans-platform8 in Fedora Build System:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=6746

netbeans in Fedora Build System:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=6758

The Rawhide broken dep report would notice wrong Obsoletes. What it cannot
detect are old sub-packages, which are still found only on Rawhide users'
installations and which cause broken deps due to missing Obsoletes.

That's not the case here. netbeans-platform8 is available (inherited from
F10).

Btw, the quote of your Yum output is incomplete.