Introduction: new community guy, and some discussion

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Feb 5 03:58:24 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 22:48 -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:

> Thank you for introducing yourself.  (Pardon the massive snips, but as
> you said, it's a long email.)  :)

No problem :)

> While some may disagree, making an appearance on the forums would
> probably be the best way to see what the community (vs. the developers)
> think about things.  Many times, decisions are made that aggravate (or
> break things) for many users.

Hehe. Don't worry, I am 100% with you on that one. Actually I expect
that in quite a short time I'll be the RH employee with the most active
presence in the forums (with apologies to Rahul who does a fine job of
it at the moment :>). At Mandriva the thing I did that was by far most
important was forum presence; I read 99% of all posts to the MDV forums
since 2005, and I had somewhere north of 25,000 posts over that span.
You're absolutely right that forums are hugely important and RH hasn't
had a huge presence in the Fedora forums so far, that's actually
something I've chatted briefly to Paul and Max about. So absolutely one
of the 'new areas' I want to try and tap for folks to help out is in the
forums, and you'll be seeing me show up there a lot!

Thanks for the input, too.
--
adamw