NetworkManager and kwalletd

epate no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Thu Feb 5 14:04:07 UTC 2009

I suspect this may not be a rawhide issue but I haven't been able to find any solution elsewhere so I thought I'd ask here. I apologize if it's not the correct forum.

Somehow on my rawhide system, NetworkManager is no longer utilizing the KDE Wallet manager and therefore prompts for my wireless WEP key everytime.  I've tried various settings in the wallet manager with no success.

How is kwalletd started?  Does it need to be running before NetworkManager tries to bring up the wireless connection or does NetworkManager start the wallet daemon on demand?

Any ideas?  Thanks,
Emmett "Buddy" Pate

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=323411&topic_id=67355&forum=12#forumpost323411
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster at fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame emmett at epate.com.