Introduction: new community guy, and some discussion

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Feb 5 14:55:56 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 13:58 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> <snip>
> </snip>
> >
> > While I won't go as far as to say it's propeitary crap, it does seem odd
> > that the Fedora project can't run its own calendar server.
> >

> What about http://www.horde.org/kronolith ?
> ( https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/kronolith )

I just had a look at it. It looks fine, except AFAICT it doesn't support
CalDAV. There's a forum thread from November 2008 where the question was
asked and someone said 'hopefully this month', -
http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20081105.175538.b5cfa768.en.html -
but I see nothing in the changelog for the version released that month,
and no code in current git - http://cvs.horde.org/kronolith/ (yes, that
really is git, despite the 'cvs'). Personally I would like to have that
so that we can manage the calendar from different clients - I'd much
rather manage all calendaring stuff from Evolution than have to do it
through a web interface, I think it's probably a useful capability for
others too.

However, this discussion should probably happen at
infrastructure-list :) so I'll be sending it over there.