Introduction: new community guy, and some discussion

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 5 21:49:32 UTC 2009

Adam Williamson wrote:

> As I see it there's two areas for action here: deciding whose
> responsibility it is to determine what bugs should be in Fedora BZ and
> what bugs should be in upstream (and codifying that somewhere in the
> Wiki), and deciding if it's a good idea to have some kind of policy for
> 'exceptions' where an upstream bug is tracked in Fedora BZ or if it
> should just be handled on a case-by-case basis.
>
> What do you guys think?

I think a case by case basis is just confusing. To make it easy on bug
reports, there should be a policy to just file it downstream and let
triagers and maintainers handle it as necessary. This is how some other
distributions like Gentoo, Debian etc handle it.

Also I have tried to define cases, where Fedora needs to handle it in

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/WhyUpstream

This does include both your main points.

Rahul