yum error in f11 alpha

Christopher Beland beland at alum.mit.edu
Fri Feb 6 00:34:15 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 15:06 -0800, David L wrote:
> yum install emacs
> Loaded plugins: dellsysidplugin2, refresh-packagekit
> Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for
> repository: rawhide. Please verify its path and try again

At the risk of jumping in before someone who knows more than I do...

Is this an upgrade from a previous version, or a fresh install?

I've been doing "yum update" and I think there was an update
to /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-rawhide.repo at some point, which I had to
deal with manually.  Do you have any other versions of this file in that
directory (e.g. fedora-rawhide.rpmnew)?  The current version has this
under [rawhide]:

[rawhide]
name=Fedora - Rawhide - Developmental packages for the next Fedora release
failovermethod=priority
#baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/$basearch/os/
#mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=rawhide&arch=$basearch
metalink=https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=rawhide&arch=$basearch
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-test-$basearch file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-$basearch

-B.