Announcing Fedora 11 Alpha (blink)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Feb 6 00:36:40 UTC 2009

John Summerfield wrote:
> Can one create .msi files?

Unfortunately, no, the M$I SDK is proprietary and Window$-only and I'm not
aware of any Free alternative (don't get fooled by M$-developed
M$I-related "open source projects", those are all useless without the
proprietary Window$-only SDK).

> These are next to essential for ease of deployment on Windows.

You can use NSIS instead, which is currently awaiting review (but we have
some issues still to fix, in particular the RPM_OPT_FLAGS are not being
used for the Fedora-native portions in the current package).

        Kevin Kofler