Announcing Fedora 11 Alpha (blink)

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Fri Feb 6 00:49:48 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 16:25, John Summerfield wrote:

> contrl-alt-backspace is way better than the reset button (if it exists)
> or the power switch, and those are the next choices for the trapped user
> or sysadmin.

AMEN!  I'll say this is a good change on one condition.  Whoever thought
this a good idea has to post to this list something like the
following...

"We can take c-a-bs out now because X never crashes anymore.  On any
video card, with any app."

And they have to survive the thousand posts flaming the crap out of
them.

Seriously.  This defeaturing fetish has gone far enough.  Newbies aren't
likely to hit c-a-bs by mistake so where is the argument for removing a
useful feature?

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!