Announcing Fedora 11 Alpha (blink)

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Fri Feb 6 01:05:34 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 06:49:48PM -0600, John Morris wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 16:25, John Summerfield wrote:
>

> > contrl-alt-backspace is way better than the reset button (if it exists)
> > or the power switch, and those are the next choices for the trapped user
> > or sysadmin.
>
> AMEN!  I'll say this is a good change on one condition.  Whoever thought
> this a good idea has to post to this list something like the
> following...

I missed this one.  I know that there were some misunderstandings with
the thing about removing virtual terminals, which turned out to not be
the case.

So, are they serious about removing ctl+alt+backspace, and if so, is
there a replacement?

(Yes, I know I should look up the lists myself, but I figure someone
here probably knows and I'd be grateful if someone saved me the
trouble.)

If it is true, then Adam, this might be the sort of thing you were
talking about--a decision made that I suspect the majority of the
community, many of who use Fedora because they are old timers who
started with Redhat back when it was one of the few existing
distributions, would strongly dislike.

However, at present, I'd like confirmation that this is really being
considered.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: I'm not worried. If there's something bad out there,
we'll find, you'll slay, we'll party.