Xen Dom0 [was Re: Announcing Fedora 11 Alpha (blink)]

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Feb 6 08:22:31 UTC 2009

Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 07:25 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
>
>> Any news on dom0 for xen?
>
> Not for F11. It's still pending on the kernel bits being merged
> upstream:
>
>   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/XenPvopsDom0
>
> Some folks on the fedora-virt are doing some advance testing of the dom0
> patches, though.

kvm may yet save my day, I have a virtual box that's supposed to rebuild
knoppix. It's been hanging at some point, no messages and no response,
and so requiring a system reset to recover control.

It's just run through my script to the point of failing after 11 1/2
hours. A great improvement!

I've been wanting to run the same guest in XEN for comparison, but
that's not been possible since I advanced from, what was it, F9? to rawhide.

VirtualPC, Virtual Server and VirtualBox all work fine, on Windows.

I see .29, maybe if we're lucky.

--

Cheers
John