Announcing Fedora 11 Alpha (blink)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Feb 6 15:02:16 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 16:01 +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 07:32:05AM -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
> [...]
> > For information about what new and wonderful things Alpha brings us,
> > please check out the release notes:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_11_Alpha_release_notes
>

> >   X Server
> >
> > The key combination Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to kill the X server has been
> > disabled by default. To get this behaviour back, add the the line
> >
> > Option "DontZap" "false"
> >
> > to the ServerFlags section in xorg.conf.
>
> Are you mad? Who decided on this change and what's the reason?
> The ability to quickly kill an X session can be invaluable.
> Please don't mess with the default setting.

It's from upstream X.org, this *is* the new default setting. There was,
I believe (though I wasn't there) a gigantic flamewar about it on one of
the X development lists. If you want to debate the change it would be
best to pull up that thread and contribute anything to it that hadn't
been said already. It would be bad for the flamewar to spill out onto
lots of different development lists for each distro and so on, because
really the place to have the argument is X.org and it's going on there
already :)
--
adamw