Wiki suggestions

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Fri Feb 6 20:02:42 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 14:32 -0500, Christopher Beland wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 13:45 -0500, Jay Turner wrote:
> > Does this help clarify things in any way?
>
> It sounds like different people are using the same terms in different
> ways.  Which implies to me that these terms (QA, QC, QE) are not useful
> as navigational aids to people new to the subproject.

Agreed, and that's why I've avoided using them in the past. Originally I
even tried to avoid calling the project "Fedora QA"* - since obviously
we can't even agree on the definition of that, let alone how it differs
from QC, QE, SQA, etc.

I don't find those terms useful because we're talking about Quality at a
level that's completely disconnected from any of the actual Stuff That
Needs To Be Done In Fedora. I'd prefer we just agree to let "QA" be the
umbrella term for all of it, and let the wiki talk more about things
like "bug triage" and "release testing" and "tool development" and
"updates process improvement", which have actual connections with parts
of the Fedora project.

But maybe I'm just being a bit too pragmatic.

-w

*(Unfortunately calling the subproject "Fedora Testing" limited the
scope too much, and everyone just thought I was talking about a
Debian-style "testing" branch of Fedora, or updates-testing, or some
other thing.)