can i download the F11 alpha "dev" spins without torrent?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sat Feb 7 13:10:59 UTC 2009

On Sat, 7 Feb 2009, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> > > The "Direct Download" links on http://fedoraproject.org/get-prerelease
> > > should be what you're after.
> >
> >   maybe i'm just blind, but i still don't see a direct download link
> > for those "dev" spins.  and, just to make sure those are what i want,
> > are those "development" spins?  as in, chock full of development
> > environment and stuff like that there?
>
> The custom spins are torrent only. Mirrors won't like duplicate
> content, that much.

 fair enough, but i still want to clarify what a "dev" spin is before
i download it -- is it a spin targeted at developers, just chock full
of dev goodies?  cuz that *really* appeals to me.  stuff like java and
eclipse all ready to go?

  and is there a page that goes into detail of the actual contents of
those spins?  thanks.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.