Ctrl-Alt-Backspace change

Christopher Beland beland at alum.mit.edu
Mon Feb 9 08:03:39 UTC 2009

Some people on this list have requested additional information about
this change be added to the release notes, but I'm not sure how to do
this.  This page is supposed to explain the process of producing
release notes:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/ReleaseNotes/Process

The confusing part is that I cannot find any links that page or
anywhere under https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject to the
Fedora 11 Alpha Release Notes
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_11_Alpha_release_notes, found
with Google).  Should the notes be linked in, or are Rawhide notes
intentionally hidden?

The process page says that the Alpha release notes are supposed to
have a link to https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Documentation_Beats
soliciting contributions, but there is no such link.

Most importantly, it's also very unclear where to update content at
the moment.  If you edit the Alpha release notes directly, will this
change make it into the final release notes?  The process page seems
to imply that release notes simply summarize or are pulled from the
Beats page, but there isn't any information in the Xorg beat about
this change (and I don't think there ever has been).

I guess I'm wondering if anyone is actually following the instructions
on the process page, or if the real process is different?

As for the actual content, it sounds like we want to add something
like this:

<<

If /etc/X11/xorg.conf does not exist, create it by running this command
as root:

 Xorg -configure

The Xorg project has changed the default DontZap setting to "true"
after complaints from desktop users that accidentally hit
Ctrl+Alt+Backspace when trying to type Alt+Backspace, Ctrl+Backspace,
or Shift+Backspace, or who had StickyKeys enabled.  Ctrl+Alt+Backspace
is also a keyboard shortcut for deleting certain expressions in C and
Java modes in Emacs.

<<

Is that correct?

-B.