Wiki suggestions

Christopher Beland beland at alum.mit.edu
Mon Feb 9 11:19:48 UTC 2009

I didn't hear back about whether to fork pages or not, so I copied
the Johannbg draft, and the result is posted at:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Draft

for everyone to review.  I also created [[QA/Tools]], though this is
not as well polished, and reorganized [[Testing]] (which is already
live).

Someone who is actually involved with Test Days should probably take
improvements from [[User:Johannbg/Draft/QA/Test Days]] and merge with
[[QA/Test Days]]; I don't really have any opinions there.

Adam, you wanted a separate [[QA/Join]] page, so I left a placeholder.
I didn't create this page because I don't particularly see the need
for it.  You could simply dump the contents of:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA#How_Do_I_Join.3F

there, for a start.  Part of the reason I don't like that section as
it stands is that it sounds like you need to do all of these things
(join the mailing list, sign up for a Fedora Infrastructure account,
add your name to the wiki, go to weekly meetings) which make doing QA
sound like a lot of work.  I think it would be great for QA if more
people merely reported Fedora 10 bugs, for which they don't need to do
anything more than get a Bugzilla account.  If they want to go further
and run Rawhide or updates-testing, they should sign up for the
mailing list and get a Fedora account, but the setup instructions for
testers include those steps.  (Not sure why there are separate logins
for Bugzilla and Fedora Infrastructure, other than historical
inertia.)

Personally, I don't like the idea of "joining" much of anything; I
just engage in particular activities that interest me.  So maybe I'm
just not the target audience for this "join" page.

The only other cruft I haven't integrated is:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA#Further_Info_and_Links
[[SIGs/QA]]

-B.