Alpha F11 wont install via NFS on i386 testbed (rawhide still hosed too)

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Mon Feb 9 16:09:18 UTC 2009

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009, G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:

> The system boots and goes through the motions of starting up to the point of
> starting X, then the system hangs hard.  I have posted my grub.conf in
> fedora-test-list noteing that F10 NFS works, but F11-Alpha and rawhide don't
> go beyond starting X-Windows.

That could be caused by something entirely different than NFS and sounds
more like an X problem to me. I suggest you look at the other screens
ctrl-alt-F2, ctrl-alt-F3, etc and see if there is any useful error
messages. You could also try a text only install - add text to the boot
arguments - to see if it is actually X where the problem lies.

Post your findings to whatever bug report you opened about this on
http://bugzilla.redhat.com .

 	Michael Young