Wiki suggestions

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Feb 9 22:55:59 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 22:20 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

> I removed the bug zapper reference ( the link took them to the page )
>
> We should not be using team names on a front page to enter a team on the
> wiki
> It should be refered to the team name on a suppage that's why I chose to
> have Triaging instead of Bug Zappers.

The point I'm trying to keep clear is that Bugzappers are currently
constituted as a separate, semi-independent team, not just as part of
the QA group. I just didn't want to lose that. But you're right that
it's kind of inconsistent (see below).

> Otherwize we can just as well create a Bug Hunter page for testing
> ( or rename the QA page to Bug Hunters since most think that QA is just
> testing or to be more specific QE )
> and rename the Development page to Bug Breeders  (for those that write
> the initial code )
> and Bug Feeders ( for those that patch it )
>
> First of all the QA page should be containing info for QA assurance for
> the fedoraproject as whole
> not just "Testing" there is more than just software that needs QA in the
> Fedoraproject.
>
> QA in its current form should be a section under QA called Quality
> Control which consist of at least three teams
> Engineering for automated testing and tools that aid in testing along (
> sometimes referred to as QE )
> with Bug Hunters ( testers ) and  Bug Zapper ( Triagers )

I think for now we just need to write the page to reflect current
reality, which is messy and inconsistent :). For now, as you say, 'QA'
is just quality control, and we do 'bug hunting' and 'engineering'
within this group, and 'bug zapping' within the separate Bug Zappers
group. I agree that this is a bit messy and maybe not where we'd like to
be in the Ideal Future, but for now we just want to write a Wiki page
that reflects the current system. Trying to re-draw the system via a
Wiki page is not the best way to go about it :)
--
adamw