X server problem in F11-Alpha, and missing mount point

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Tue Feb 10 05:30:18 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 12:13:23AM -0500, G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:

> This is being tested with the F11-Alpha live CD in init 3 mode.
>
> I got an install of F11-Alpha completed, but the system will not boot in
> any native mode due to a "missing mount point" while mounting root.

Is this a SCSI drive?  There was a bug in F10, fixed by the first yum
update, but I would imagine that that's been fixed in F11 unless it
slipped back in.

If so, the workaround at the time was to add a line to the kernel line
in grub scsi_mod.scan=sync

Note that would only apply if it was a SCSI drive, and I would be
surprised, as it was fixed pretty quickly (though it remains in the
release ISOs.)  The only reason I mention it is because that was a
typical error message with that issue, of being unable to mount root.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: I told one lie... I had one drink...
Giles: Yes. And you were very nearly devoured by a giant demon
snake. The words, 'Let that be a lesson' are a tad redundant at
this juncture.