Announcing Fedora 11 Alpha (blink)

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Tue Feb 10 22:18:15 UTC 2009

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> John Summerfield wrote:
>
>> The problem, as has already been mentioned and which you seem to have
>> overlooked is that when an administrator finds it's locked up, it's
>> too late to fix it.
>
> If it is really locked up, the current change won't affect you. A half

You ignore the obvious, "how do I tell that c-a-bs would not have saved
that aggravation?"
> struck system, it is matter of restarting and resetting it. You can
> avoid that even, if you read up what has changed as any good
> administrator should.

<chortle> You know as well as anyone, a lot of people do not read all
the documentation. I generally do, which is how I picked up this change.

>> I will begin to think Red Hat thinks X security is a problem
>
> The current change has nothing to do with Red Hat's thoughts on X security.

And neither does you response have anything to do with what I said.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait