f11 evolution hang

David L idht4n at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 15:57:02 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 8:43 PM, Jerry Amundson  wrote:

>>> You could try starting it in offline mode so that it doesn't ask for
>>> the password:
>>>
>>>    evolution --offline
>>
>> That didn't help... it still popped up a window for my
>> exchange password.
>
> Were the windows still unresponsive?

Yes.  They were still unresponsive.  I could check
the checkbox and click on OK in the test release
warning window, but the window wouldn't go away.
The password entry window wouldn't accept any
events.  Both windows refreshed fine.

> Either way, sounds like a bug to file against evolution-exchange. I
> start offline with evolution-mapi, for example, and I get no password
> prompt.
OK.  I just verified that behavior in f10 too.  I get a
password prompt independent of --offline.

Is evolution-mapi included in f11 alpha?  I didn't see it.
I'd prefer to start using that because I've had nothing but
trouble with exchange connector.

thanks,

            David