'Joining in' wiki page draft

Leam Hall leam at reuel.net
Wed Feb 11 23:40:03 UTC 2009

Adam Williamson wrote:

> Let me put it less high-mindedly, then. I am aiming to do a bit of
> constructive lying. ;)

I avoid lying as I have yet to really find it constructive.

> I don't think you really need RHCT / RHCE skills to get Rawhide running,
> but yeah, it's probably a bit of a slog.

> reasonable familiarity with Linux and the distro in question,
 > a *spare* system of some kind, and
 > the flexibility to accept that some stuff will break sometimes.

That's your RCHT level skill set:

***

(b) RHCT certification indicates that the person has passed a realistic
performance-based lab exam that tests his/her ability to: install and
configure Red Hat Linux; understand limitations of hardware; configure
basic networking and file systems for a single system attached to a
network; configure the X Window System; perform essential Red Hat Linux
system administration; configure basic host security, set up client-side
networking services required to attach to a production network, and
carry out basic diagnostics and troubleshooting.

The readiness objective of RHCT is to assure a minimum level of systems
administration skills so that a person is "ready from a technical point
of view for professional responsibilities in installing, configuring,
attaching, and supporting Red Hat Linux systems on an existing
production network."

***

Taken from: http://www.redhat.com/certification/compare/

Leam