Bug Triage Meeting continued

TK009 john.brown009 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 09:00:45 UTC 2009

continuing the discussion from the last triage meeting ...

The meeting recap and IRC transcript can be found here:
 https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Meetings/Minutes-2009-Feb-10

adamw wrote as a follow on to the meeting recap-

	"We really need ASAP a simple set of goals that can be easily and quickly
measured (preferably by anyone)."

I fully agree.

I thought the goal of x number of bugs triaged may be to simplistic a goal for the veteran triagers, however no other specific and measurable alternative has been purposed that I am aware. I would like to hear from other triagers and anyone else that would like to provide input.

Is committing to triage x number of bugs against targeted components on the new Core Component List [http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/components] a worthy goal for the triage team to set for themselves in the current development cycle?

Will this goal achieve the meaningful, measurable and timely contribution the triage team want to have on F11?

I think x number of bugs commitment is a worthy goal, and with the metric reports comphappy is creating, the team, the project and the community can keep informed of the progress in achieving those goals.

My hope is that we can finalize this as our specific goal before the meeting Tuesday, so anyone with something they feel needs to be said please say it. Now is the time and this is the place. *looks at poelcat, jds2001, mcepl, john5342, comphappy, quantumburnz, affix, SMParrish, facmi, stickster, douda, TopoMorto*

Adamw, brother someone must have erased your name from the active triagers list, I don't see it on there (hint, hint) =). And iarlyy, I see you lurking.

This wont work without you, so please provide some feedback on this.

Something I forgot to add to the meeting recap is comphappy's request to finalize the format and what data should be presented in the metrics reports.

My idea's on this if I understand correctly

display all time top ten triagers and # of bugs traiged
display top 15 triagers for the week and month complete stats
list of all triagers with complete stats

again, please provide feedback on this.

I have no experience with it, but thought it was a great idea. I read on poelcat's blog I think, about an experience he had with a bug triage day. It was uncoordinated and lacked focus or a real goal. A specific goal should be set for each triage day, giving those involved a sense focus with measurable achievement. Maybe poelcat will give up the link, he explained it much better.

*grabs a chair and gets his balmer face on* Feedback! Feedback! Feedback!

more to follow...

Edward (TK009)