Release-critical bug process?

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Thu Feb 12 09:11:08 UTC 2009

On 2009-02-11, 22:56 GMT, Jesse Keating wrote:
>> b) We all more or less agreed that the process should make it
>> quite easy
>> to nominate a bug to 'block' a release, and bugzappers will probably do
>> a lot of that, but ultimately for now it's probably right for Jesse (or,
>> more formally, RelEng) to be the ultimate arbiter. Jesse would like us
>> to err on the side of nominating things to be blockers - he's more
>> worried about missing something important than the time it takes to weed
>> out things he doesn't consider critical.
>
> Further additions.  I'll always prefer the domain expert for a bug make
> the call for "blocker or not".  You'll see me and others use the bug to
> get the maintainer to make such a call, or provide us with enough
> information that we can make the call having been better informed.

I think it should be added, that it is expected from the package
maintainer to go from time to time through the tracker bug (or
relevant subsection of thereof) and make sure that all nonsense
is kicked out of it, so that only relevant bugs are left on
{Tracker,Blocker} lists.

Which is unfortunately useless to say on -test list ... :(

Matěj