Trying to build tightvnc for FC10 from FC11 src.rpm

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Feb 12 20:55:58 UTC 2009

Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> Adam Williamson wrote:
>> On Thu, 2009-02-12 at 14:15 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>>
>>> + echo 'Patch #9 (tight-xorg-version.patch):'
>>> Patch #9 (tight-xorg-version.patch):
>>> + /bin/cat /home/me/rpmbuild/SOURCES/tight-xorg-version.patch
>>> + /usr/bin/patc -s -p1 -b --suffix .version fuzz=0
>>> 1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file
>>> unix/xserver/configure.ac.rej
>>> Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
>>>
>>> And it does not matter if I reply with n or y, the rpmbuild fails.
>>
>> Look at the patch. If the change it's supposed to do is truly already
>> actually in the file, just disable the patch.
>
> Got it, Patch 9 is for X.org 1.6 support, which is only in FC11, so of
> course for FC10, I have to back that out...
Well, I guess I am about at the end of my skill-set.

After the build running for some time (I am running this on a system
rated at only 800 bogomips), it dies with a message about:

xf86vncModule.cc:63: error: 'XORG_VERSION_CURRENT' was not declared in
this scope

Now this is declared in the patch I commented out for Xorg 1.6, but
don't see what is needed...

Where can I get some help/interest in TightVNC for FC10?

I did send an email to the person named in the changelog.