'Joining in' wiki page draft

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Feb 13 00:00:46 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-12 at 15:53 -0800, Rick Stevens wrote:

> > Well yeah, that was my initial thought, but I'm trying to get a
> > compromise. :) Doesn't anyone else have any input? Anyone? It'd be nice
> > to have more than three people's opinions on this.
>
> I'll wade in.  Forgive me if some of what I say has been covered
> previously as I've not been following this thread as closely as I
> probably should have.
>
> Requiring some form of certification for participation in the Wiki is,
> in my opinion, specious.  My degrees are quite ancient ASCS and ASEE
> degrees given to me in the middle 70's.  That right there probably makes
> me unsuitable for inclusion in the Wiki based on the criteria mentioned.

*snip*

Um...the input is welcome, but could you perhaps read the draft too? :)

It's specifically related to testing Rawhide, and it currently reads:

"for moderately experienced users (for instance, anyone with RHCT level
skills) who have a spare test system available or can run it in a
virtual machine, testing Rawhide is a great way to contribute to
ensuring future releases will be high quality."
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey