[Fwd: Re: Bringing smolt to the next level..]

John5342 john5342 at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 13 20:53:50 UTC 2009

2009/2/13 "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at hi.is>

> Decide to start a separated thread from "F11 Xorg/Mesa/DRI testing
> proposal"
> about improving smolt and share a conversation that me and Mike had
> about ideas which were about improving smolt which came out of
> me and John<some number> had been tossing ideas back and forth on the
>  Fedora QA channel

That would be me. I spoke to someone (i forget who) in #smolt about this and
was at the time told that implementing this idea would go quite strongly
against the idea of smolt and nothing of this sort was going to be added to
smolt itself but i was told that writing a TurboGears app to run on Fedora
infrastructure and getting the data from smolt using json (using a public
uuid provided by the user) would probably be an excellent idea.
Unfortunately I immediately ran into a bug (
https://fedorahosted.org/smolt/ticket/64) and since then haven't had the
time to look at either the bug or the app i was writing.

Ofcourse if somebody else wants to work on this i would be happy to help as
best i can and if not i am sure i will get some more time sooner or later.

 It would be good continue bouncing ideas about smolt improvements on this

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and
those who don't...