.fc9 packages and friends in Rawhide

Christopher Beland beland at alum.mit.edu
Sat Feb 14 03:24:40 UTC 2009

So a debuginfo-related bug I reported was just resolved because the
package hadn't been rebuilt since Fedora 9, indicated by .fc9 in the
version number.  The way dependencies are generated for debuginfo
packages by the build system apparently changed between Fedora 9 and 10.

Currently on my Rawhide system, I see 508 .fc10 packages, 203 .fc9,
5 .fc8, and one .fc7 package.  I was wondering if all the older packages
(at least .fc9 and older) should be pre-emptively rebuilt as .fc11, or
would that cause more problems than it might solve?

-B.