F11 Xorg/Mesa/DRI testing proposal

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh.goorah at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 16:31:23 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 1:38 AM, FD Cami wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We would like to organize efficient Xorg/Mesa/DRI testing before F11 GA.
>
> Our goal is to record what works as expected on mainstream, supported
> hardware with free drivers (nv, i810, radeon, soon nouveau), what does
> not, and track regressions from Alpha to GA.

Hello there,

I have many users complaining a specific application "toped" is
failing under ati based graphic cards.

" Toped can't obtain required GLX Visual. Check your video driver/setup please"

I would appreciate if you could have a look at it and give us (on
fedora electronic lab mailing list) some pointers how to fix it.
Upstream of "toped" is active and willing to get some clue how to fix
it.

Currently F10 and as well ubuntu users suffers from this issue.
This application also fails on my laptop so I can serve as a guinea
pig to find a possible fix.

Kind regards,
Chitlesh