Fedora Test Day - 20 Second Startup - get your boot on!

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Feb 17 23:49:42 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-16 at 17:33 +0100, Harald Hoyer wrote:
> James Laska wrote:
> > Greetings testers,
> >
> > This week's Test Day will focus on another upcoming Fedora 11 feature:
> > 20 Second Startup [1].  This is a follow-on to a Fedora 10 effort to
> > reduce boot delay [2].
> >
> > Harald Hoyer, David Kovalsky and Ondrej Hudlicky have created a test
> > procedure and looking to gather and analyze bootchart data.  Come
> > prepared with your favorite old-skool hardware setup.
> >
> > Join #fedora-qa this Thursday, February 19, 2009 to help collect and
> > analyze boot speed data.  Follow the action at
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Test_Days/2009-02-19.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > James
> >
> > [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/20SecondStartup
> > [2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/30SecondStartup

Sorry for the double quote - somehow I didn't get the initial mail.

I have just substantially revised the wiki space for this event:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Test_Days/2009-02-19

I converted all the 'how to test' bits into a set of proper test cases,
expanded some stuff, replaced some duplicate instructions with links to
the appropriate pages, and generally (I hope) made the process a lot
clearer. It should be quite easy now to follow the cases and generate
data for your system. I've filled in a full set of data from my main
system (and comparison data from Mandriva), so you can follow that as a
template for filling in the results charts.

Thanks guys! The more data we have the better it is for Harald ;)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey