Ext4

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Fri Feb 20 18:55:29 UTC 2009

I have been using ext4 on the omen.com server since I installed
Fedora 10 on it shortly after the release of Fedora 10.  My
main test system also uses ext4 most of the time.

I have seen the  ext4 benefits including dramatically faster
fsck times on large file systems.

The only issue I've seen is the long time it takes to unmount a
file system, even one that has been inactive for a few minutes.

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665