BugZappers

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Mon Feb 23 19:21:12 UTC 2009

Lalit Dhiri said the following on 02/23/2009 06:30 AM Pacific Time:
> Good afternoon all,
>
> I am interested in singing up for the BugZappers system https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers
>
> Would anyone who is a current member or otherwise be able to confirm if it is acceptable to do tests / triage using a Live USB stick or in some cases use eg VirtualBox as I do not have a spare computer I could setup?

Absolutely!  We are glad that you want to help with what you have.

There has been some criticism of people not using bare metal in the
past, but for the most part it should not matter.  It really depends on
the component you are testing or types of bugs you are trying to
reproduce.  I'd probably stay away from investigating kernel bugs in a
virtual instance, but for most applications or utilities it should be
fine.  Maybe others agree or disagree?

Please come to our meeting tomorrow if you'd like to get more involved.
  Details in a separate email.

John