F11: X starts at wrong resolution

Fulko Hew fulko.hew at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 15:02:32 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 9:33 AM, Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> wrote:

... snip ...

> If you want to disable an output at configure time, see the dualhead
> setup instructions here:
>
> http://intellinuxgraphics.org/dualhead.html

I've been curious about dual-headed operation for some time now,
and either because I'm using old software, or my hardware doesn't
support it, I've never been able to get it to work.  It could also
be because I don't know, or can't properly perform the correct
magic incantations.

But the first question is always:
'How can I tell if my hardware is capable of dual-headed operation'?

P.S. I currently have a Dell Inspiron 6400 with Intel video.
lspci says:
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile
        945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics
        Controller (rev 03)