clock riddle

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 15:08:18 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-23 at 15:57 -0700, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> Due to a default "auth_self_keep_always" once you allowed yourself
> such changes modyfing defaults will not remove those authorizations.

I'm not sure what you're saying (I have a very limited knowledge of
PolicyKit), but it appears to be "once you lower security for the clock
functions -- using the root password of course -- it stays lowered". Is
that correct?

If so, in what way is this more serious than, say, removing the root
password entirely? I'm not trying to be confrontational, it's just that
so far you haven't really explained your point.

poc