BugZappers

Lalit Dhiri my_linux at live.com
Tue Feb 24 20:10:02 UTC 2009

> From: awilliam at redhat.com
> To: fedora-test-list at redhat.com
> Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 09:23:39 -0800
> Subject: RE: BugZappers
>

> Indeed, signing up for a FAS account and applying for bugs group
> membership is the correct thing to do. Can someone please approve
> Lalit's membership?
>
> There is a summary of the meeting sent to the list after it takes place
> every week, yes. Expect it to be sent soon. Are you never able to attend
> at the time when the meeting currently takes place, or was that just
> this week?

Assuming all meetings are weekly at 15:00 UTC it will be a problem as I am in the UK therefore will be working :=(

That's great I will have a reference point in the list and I think I saw a web page too.

> Tips for starters - we don't have anything great yet. What we have is:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/GettingStarted
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/TakingAction
>
> which is fairly...sketchy :). I would like to have something similar to
> what I wrote for Mandriva previously:
>
> http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Projects/Bugs/Triage_guide

I won't mention too much about Mandriva and triage; I did not have a good exp when I tried Mandriva again a few years ago... :=(

May be I and others new to triage could join in on eg brain storm sessions which help develop a better intro site?

> we should get that on a meeting agenda soon.
>
> Did you see Martej Cepl's offer of mentoring for new triagers, sent to
> this list yesterday? I also suggested to him that he mail you directly.
> He would be happy to give you a hand with getting started.

Yes indeed I have seen this and I would very much like to look in to things asap. So Martej Cepl if you have a moment just email what you think I should look in to or send to the list. Thanks.

> Thanks again for your efforts!
> --
> Adam Williamson
> Fedora QA Community Monkey
> IRC: adamw | Fedora Talk: adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT org
> http://www.happyassassin.net

Thank you for your feedback.

--
Lalit Dhiri