Reminder: Bug Triage Meeting Tomorrow (Tuesday) @ 15:00 UTC

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Thu Feb 26 20:03:45 UTC 2009

Chuck Anderson wrote:
>>> Not sure I understand this? All bugs from Fedora <= 8 should be
>>> close this time, shouldn't they?
>> Yes, but people are constantly filing new bugs against EOL versions, and
>> these bugs continually need to be closed with a friendly stock message
>> to upgrade to a supported version.
>
> Why not remove those versions from being able to be selected when
> filing new bugs in bugzilla?

We've checked into this before and we can't.  I can't remember the exact
reason why.  The only way I've been told we could do this was if each
Fedora version was a separate "product" instead of the way it currently
is with 'product->fedora' and 'version->{1-10,rawhide}' we would have
'product->fedora10' and version would be less meaningful.  The RHEL
products follow this methodology.

John