network service is not working :(

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Thu Feb 26 21:19:19 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 11:34:14AM -0800, Antonio Olivares wrote:

> Yes everything is working.  Just in Fedora it isn't.  It has been
> a while, I have to manually add the connection :(,

sh -x /sbin/ifup eth0

may tell you more where this is failing.  You possibly need follow
that up with tracing other scripts which this script is executing.

> there was
> something wrong and it could have been selinux but it is not :)

If this is a 'network' service then if you do not have

NM_CONTROLLED=no

in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 then this may be a
problem.  Another possibility - wrong value for HWADDR. As Chris
suggested - differences between
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth{0,1} could give you a key.

   Michal