Firmware

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 21:30:44 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 05:11:47PM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 06:02:42PM +0200, Riku Seppälä wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Firmware
> >
> > The list of firmware currently missing from Fedora hasn't shortened much
> > for a while. Anything happening on this front?
>
> I'm working on firmware for Epson flatbed scanners (not listed on that
> page).
>
> Let's see what I can say about the rest:
> * bcm43xx firmware was non-redistributable standalone last I checked
> * Ralink firmware is in Fedora
> * speedtouch firmware was non-redistributable last I checked
> * alsa-firware is in Fedora
>
> I haven't checked the rest.

Does anyone know whether the firmware for Echo Audio products
{darla,gina,mona,layla}{,24} are available in alsa-firmware?  Last I
checked on the Echo Audio site, these were freely redistributable,
although as non-open-sourcey as other firmware blobs:

// Copyright Echo Digital Audio Corporation (c) 2006
// All rights reserved
// www.echoaudio.com
//
// Echo Digital Audio does not disclose the source code from which these
// firmware images are derived. Permission is hereby granted for the
// distribution of these firmware images as part of the Linux kernel or
// other GPL project in text or binary
// form as required.
//
// This file is part of Echo Digital Audio's generic driver library.
//
// This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
// modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
// License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
// version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
//
// This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
// but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
// MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
// Lesser General Public License for more details.
//
// You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
// License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software
// Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307  USA
//
[...blob follows...]