create livecd failed

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Sat Feb 28 18:58:33 UTC 2009

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009, Ray Chen wrote:

> I want to create a livecd iso and follow the process in the webpage
> below:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/LiveCDHowTo#Creating_a_Live_CD
>
> and I use this command to create:
> livecd-creator
> -c /usr/share/doc/livecd-tools-020/livecd-fedora-minimal.ks

> However, I only find one menu "Boot from local drive "when grub stage,
> and it shows errors after type "enter":
>
> Booting from local disk...
> FATAL: No bootable device.
>
> PS: I have no physical CD-ROM on my Fedora-10 machine.

I think that means that there is no kernel in your live CD. I would guess
you have an i686 machine, so I suggest you copy
/usr/share/doc/livecd-tools-020/livecd-fedora-minimal.ks and replace
kernel with kernel-PAE . However, as the live CD produced will be a
rawhide one, you are likely to have additional problems because rawhide
uses squashfs version 4.0, and Fedora 10 has squashfs-tools-3.4-1 so will
produce files that the live CD kernel can't read.

 	Michael Young