#fedora-bugzappers [Was: Re: CANCELED? Re: Reminder: Bug Triage Meeting Tomorrow (Tuesday) @ 15:00 UTC]

Brennan Ashton bashton at brennanashton.com
Wed Jan 7 18:03:42 UTC 2009

2009/1/7 "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at hi.is>:
> Matej Cepl wrote:

>> May I add one more item on the agenda of the next meeting?
>>
>> * create #fedora-bugzappers IRC channel on Freenode (Jabber MUC  would be
>> an alternative, but I think Jabber is unfortunately  still less common among
>> Fedora users, so let's stick with the  path of the least resistance), make
>> it into the main IRC  communication channel for bug zappers, and redirect
>> all bug  triagers there.
>>
>>  The reason for splitting of our communication from #fedora-qa  would be
>> that discussion on #fedora-qa tends to drown into  miriad messages about
>> another round of running anaconda in  VMWare (absolutely nothing against
>> their wonderful effort which  I think contributed mightily to the success of
>> Fedora 10). If  I want to participate in the bug zappers discussion I have
>> no  choice than to follow all these discussions on #fedora-qa.    Given that
>> I have other things to do than that (e.g., actually  triage bugs ;-)), I
>> usually just hope that if anybody wants me  I will get PM from him, and
>> ignore that channel as whole. I am  afraid, that I am not the only one.
>>
>>  I think, that even if there were just three of us in the  channel (and I
>> hope we could do better), it would seem to me to  be more profitable than
>> the current set up.
>>
>> Comments?
>>
>> Matěj
>>

> Why dont you then take it all the way and apply for a seperated -triage
> mailing list as well?
>
> JB

At least in my opinion people involved in triage should be aware of
what goes on in QA.  Of the fedora mailing list fedora-test-list is
relatively low traffic.
As for another IRC, I understand what Matěj is saying, but even still
I would not be likely to look at the channel unless pinged.

--Brennan Ashton