New QA wikipage in the horizone

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Mon Jan 26 14:02:17 UTC 2009

Matej Cepl wrote:
> On 2009-01-23, 15:30 GMT, Matej Cepl wrote:
>
>> On 2009-01-23, 13:56 GMT, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
>>
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Johannbg/Draft/QA
>>>
>>> Please take a look at the above page and share your thoughts
>>>
>> My first thought is that
>>
>> # Quality Control.  A.K.A Bug Hunters Bug Triagers...
>>
>> confuses work of QA (i.e., output control) with bugzappers (i.e.,
>> complaints department). Especially term "bug triage" is in this
>> context quite confusing, I am afraid.
>>

> Jóhann, any comments on my post?
>
> Matěj

Sorry for my late response been bit busy @ work.

So I quote my self in previous mail.

"We should actually remove all bug team names of that page
just threw them in there for no real reason just to give people a
bit clearer picture where their team fitted in the new layout. "

The Bug Zappers name indicates that bugs "Zapped == Destroyed
(closed/fixed) "

See http://www.thefreedictionary.com/zapping )

And see below url for a definition of triaging  which I think
descriptions what "Bug Zappers" do.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Triage

Bug Breeders/Zappers" ( Developers write buggy code ( breeders ) then
fix it ( zap it )  ).
are one and the same. Unless of course triage team has actually started
to fix bugs.
( This is just my perspective on the BugZapper name )

I also think the BugZappers namespace on the wiki should be moved under
QA/Quality_Control_Triaging
and one created there for testers QA/Quality_Control_Testing ( Bug
Hunters ).
( Note the wiki syntax might need changing to match what the wiki team
wants it to be + I dont think "Team names"
should be there + I have not propose this change.)

Bug Hunters also needs to be approved by testers to be the official
"Team name" of testers.

I also have another controversial perception of things and that's the
Desktop page on the wiki

I think that page should be general page of which desktops come with
Fedora and underneath that page
would be the *DE page

Something like...

Desktop_Gnome
Desktop_KDE
Desktop_XFCE
etc..

I dont think the generic name of Desktop should be used by a single
Desktop Environment since we have more than 1.

I think the Fedora project should be neutral on DE, avoid binding the
"Desktop" word to a single DE instance and just provide a *De spin for
each of the
DE it has available for it's end users.

With the creation of live cd tools the fedora no longer needed to
prefere or side with one DE instance over another.

But this is just me.

JBG