Where has the F10 DVD iso file gone?

Jerry Amundson jamundso at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 19:50:35 UTC 2009

On 12/31/08, Chuck Anderson <cra at wpi.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 06:16:27AM -0700, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
>> But again, if we are to go this far, why not go the extra step and make
>> monthly updated ISOs available instead?
>
> It is really a lot more difficult than you might think.  Doing this
> "in-house" would put a stress on the already overworked releng team.
> The mirrors would need more space to store these extra ISOs.
> Bandwidth would be needed for mirroring and end-user downloads.
> Efforts would need to be spent doing QA on these respins.  All of
> these tasks would detract developers and testers from working on the
> next Fedora release and maintaining the current ones.

The world does not end during the *weekly* snapshots built during the
many weeks prior to release. We're not asking for that - I think even
a single 3rd Month respin is a reasonable start. Not any great
investment, for potentially good result.

> Not to mention--there already is a project to do respins, Fedora
> Unity.  Ask them how much work it has been.  If you want to improve
> their distribution method, then help them out instead of complaining
> that Fedora should do the work instead.  Perhaps you could start your
> own mirror with ISO downloads of Fedora Unity respins.

Not the same, and you know it.
We're not asking Fedora to do any extra "work", just manipulate a few more bits.
Finally, even RHEL releases iso's every six months. Fedora should be
improving on that, not be satisfied with it.

jerry

--
To be named later.